This one started out as a maintenance release but due to the huge list of new features we're going to call it a Full On Release! Firestorm 220.127.116.1180 not only comes with a very impressive list of features which make it nearly feature complete in comparison to Phoenix, it also comes loaded with very important bug fixes.
But lets talk about some of the feature highlights first!
- Inventory search by creator, UUID, description and all, plus new filters for links
- The original Particle Editor, create particle effects from within the viewer.
- Tip tracker for DJ's and live performers
- Autorespond options for non friends, busy, muted avatar modes, and it's persistent.
- Profile pictures open large now with a click
- New skins, Vintage and High Contrast
- Chat history button in nearby/groups and IM chats
- Loads of minimap options like track, mark and profile
- Radar enhancements like av tracking, and av counter
- Friends counter on friend list
- Estate tools, new ALT-R to pull up estate tools window, TP to top objects ability..etc
- Announce incoming IM's
and SO much more! Check out the (Change Log with links to wiki pages on how to use them) for a complete list!
Based on your feedback, we've focused a lot of time on a number of performance and stability issues from the 3.2.2 release. Most of these problems were remnants of bugs in the mesh and graphics code. We've spent a lot of time working on these bugs, as has Linden Lab in their own viewer. We've incorporated ours and LL's fixes into this release and expect this to be a very stable and fast version of the Firestorm Viewer.
Credit where credit is due.. We'd like to thank Linden Lab for working on these stability issues in their own code, and making these fixes available to third party viewers. This release wouldn't be as good as it is without their efforts. As with any release we highly recommend you do a (Clean Install) with this build to avoid any potential conflicts with previous installations.
Firestorm Future! Flexible Interface!
Wow! this is exciting news! We told you in the past that the V2 interface was just not flexible enough for us to accurately mimic the V1 interface.. this still holds true today. However! we've recently merged in Linden Lab's V3 FUI (Flexible User Interface) work and while that merge has caused a lot of interface breakage we've also discovered that it is as named, VERY flexible! Zi Ree (creator of the Firestorm AO, Our All-Original Particle Editor, and Pie menu for V2) has been at it again! She has so far managed to create a Phoenix like interface option in Firestorm that is far closer to the classic UI as any modern viewer has ever accomplished! This optional skin feature is likely to be hailed the best feature ever developed on a V2 viewer for V1 users! Of course we're also working at improving all our other skins as well to give you as many options as possible. We are SO excited about this work! While this is all very much still work in progress and there's lots left to do we wanted to give you a preview of what's to come!
Enjoy the release folks! and we are very much looking forward to providing you a truly V1 skin for the Firestorm Viewer in the near future!
Jessica Lyon and the Phoenix/Firestorm Team!